Want to be a part of our Volunteer Crew?
The best way to experience the festival is from our side, working with our team and breweries to deliver something great!
Our festivals couldn’t happen without our crew of volunteers and it’s their passion and hard work that makes all of our festivals into truly special events.
What you can expect
- A warm welcome into the We Are Beer crew
- Unique insight into how our event runs and perform a crucial role in making it work
- Interact with our lovely crowd & be the face our our beer festivals
- Meet different brewers and learn about how they operate and the intricacies of a draught set up
- Fed and watered throughout your shift
- A free ticket to one of the other sessions over the weekend
- Tie dye beer t-shirt
What we expect of you
- Positive, professional attitude throughout your shift
- Save the beer for the end of your shift and your free session
- Adheer to our code of conduct
- Buy a ticket for your free session. We’ll let you know when to do this closer to the event once we have made the rota for the weekend, we’ll then refund this on successful completion of your volunteer shift
There are two roles that we are recruiting for, Dray and General Volunteer.
This role will cover every aspect of the festival operations from box office to bartending to glass distribution. We will rotate you across different roles throughout your session which we hope will keep it interesting and fast paced.
This job is to make sure all the beer is in place and the festival is ready to roll. You’ll be working directly with the festival floor team, helping manage the movement of hundreds of different types of beers, making sure water containers are filled, and breaking down the odd key keg. It’s lots of heavy lifting and sweating and a good insight into the nuts and bolts of the festival operation.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST BE COMFORTABLE LIFTING A 30KG KEG.